DISCOVER OUR COMMUNITY OF PARTNERSHIP, LEARNING AND ACHIEVEMENT
PA Virtual Charter School is a free public PA cyber school of choice chartered and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education in 2001. The Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School serves approximately 3000 students throughout Pennsylvania from Kindergarten through 12th grade in a home-based setting. In July 2011, the Pennsylvania Department of Education renewed the school’s charter for five more years.
PA Virtual is an award-winning, innovative, fully-accredited online school in PA that provides K-12 home-based public education.
WHY CHOOSE PA VIRTUAL?
- Our community of partnership, learning and achievement has empowered us to attain a School Performance Profile (SPP) score measuring student achievement that surpassed all other cyber schools in Pennsylvania.
- Our school staff engages in up to 120 hours of professional learning each year, more than double the national average. This continual learning process helps teachers constantly strive to provide innovative, meaningful learning experiences for students.
- 100 percent of our full-time teachers are PA-certified and highly qualified, and more than 55 percent hold a Master’s degree or higher. 80 percent have instructed with PA Virtual for five or more years.
- Our award-winning Family and Student Support Services Department includes Family Support Coordinators to guide families from enrollment to graduation, state-certified guidance counselors, board-certified registered nurses, and highly-qualified educators who oversee all academic support opportunities, including tutoring and small group lab sessions.
- PA Virtual provides flexibility and individualized learning for students and allows parents to partner in their child’s education.