DISCOVER OUR COMMUNITY OF PARTNERSHIP, LEARNING AND ACHIEVEMENT
PA Virtual Charter School is a free public cyber charter school of choice chartered and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education in 2001. The Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School serves more than 3,400 students throughout Pennsylvania from Kindergarten through 12th grade in a home-based setting. In July 2011, the Pennsylvania Department of Education renewed the school’s charter for five more years.
PA Virtual is an award-winning, innovative, online public school that provides K-12 home-based public education throughout Pennsylvania.
- Diamond Model of Partnership – Engages students by partnering parents with highly qualified, PA-
certified teachers, our award-winning family support department, state-of-the-art technology and the rich and rigorous K12 Inc. curriculum to ensure all students reach their full academic and social potential.
- Socialization – Our Family Support Coordinators schedule three outings each month across the state. Themes include community service days, museum visits and educational tours. That’s 39 social or educational outings each month!
- Safe and Nurturing Learning Environment – Our prescriptive approach to education makes you an active partner in developing your child’s educational path. You ensure that your child has the plan and tools to succeed at an appropriate pace in a safe environment – the home.
- Academic Success – We have exceeded the state’s overall goals for academic success on the PSSA for seven consecutive years. Our percentage of students scoring Proficient and Advanced in Math and Reading outpaces all cyber charter schools in PA. We recently inducted 75 students into the National Honor Society.
- The Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Teacher of the Year (NSTOY-PA) program recently named two PA Virtual Teachers as semi-finalists for the 2013 Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year Award.
- PA Virtual was recently inducted into the Blackboard Collaborate™ Hall of Fame for Excellence in Collaboration’s Class of 2012, which recognizes educators who have shown exemplary innovation and creativity in their use of the Blackboard Collaborate platform.
LEARN ABOUT PENNSYLVANIA VIRTUAL CHARTER SCHOOL
Take this opportunity to learn more about PA Virtual, the premiere provider of home-based online public education in Pennsylvania.