DISCOVER OUR COMMUNITY OF PARTNERSHIP, LEARNING AND ACHIEVEMENT
PA Virtual Charter School is a free public cyber school of choice chartered and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education in 2001. The Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School serves approximately 3000 students throughout Pennsylvania from Kindergarten through 12th grade in a home-based setting. In July 2011, the Pennsylvania Department of Education renewed the school’s charter for five more years.
PA Virtual is an award-winning, innovative, online public school that provides K-12 home-based public education throughout Pennsylvania.
WHY CHOOSE PA VIRTUAL?
- STUDENT CENTERED APPROACH – As illustrated by our own Diamond Model of Partnership, our students are surrounded by four points of support: Highly qualified, PA certified teachers, our award winning Family Support Department, state of the art technology and the rich and rigorous K12 Inc. curriculum, and most importantly PARENTS. All points of support work together to ensure all students reach their full academic and social potential.
- SOCIALIZATION – Our Family Support Coordinators (FSC’s) each schedule three outings every month during the school year. There are even outings over the summer! Themes include community service days, museum visits and educational tours.
- SAFE and NURTURING LEARNING ENVIRONMENT – Our prescriptive approach to education makes you an active partner in developing your child’s educational path. Partnering with our teachers ensures your student has the plan and tools needed to succeed at his or her own pace. The student will learn from home – in a space created by you specifically for your child.
- ACADEMIC SUCCESS – We have exceeded the state’s overall goals for academic success on the PSSA for seven consecutive years. Our percentage of students scoring Proficient and Advanced in Math and Reading outpaces all cyber charter schools in Pennsylvania. We recently inducted 75 students into the National Honor Society.
- In 2013, the Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Teacher of the Year (NSTOY-PA) program recently named two PA Virtual Teachers as semi-finalists for the 2013 Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year Award.
- In 2012, PA Virtual was recently inducted into the Blackboard Collaborate™ Hall of Fame for Excellence in Collaboration’s Class of 2012, which recognizes educators who have shown exemplary innovation and creativity in their use of the Blackboard Collaborate platform.
LEARN ABOUT PENNSYLVANIA VIRTUAL CHARTER SCHOOL
Take this opportunity to learn more about PA Virtual, the premiere provider of home-based public cyber school in Pennsylvania.