Assessments & Testing
Our assessments are more than just tests. They are integral tools for gathering information about students’ progress, strengths and weaknesses in order to provide the best possible education. The following are part of PA Virtual’s assessment program:
- Formal and informal assessments to determine mastery of course objectives and academic standards.
- Study Island and Exact Path – two tools that provide both assessment to determine student needs and lessons and activities for supporting academic growth.
- The PSSAs are standardized tests that measure a student’s proficiency in English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science. Results also assist schools in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of their academic programs. In accordance with ACT 22, the Pennsylvania Charter School Law, all of our students in grades 3 through 8 are required to take the PSSAs by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The Keystone Exams are end-of-course assessments designed to assess proficiency in the subject areas of Algebra, Literature, and Biology by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Keystone Exams are one component of Pennsylvania’s new system of high school graduation requirements.
- Early Literacy and Math Screenings are administered twice a year to students in Kindergarten through grade 2.
To learn more about enrollment in PA Virtual and our placement assessments, contact us today.