Assessments & Testing
Our assessments are more than just tests. They are integral tools for gathering information about students’ progress, strengths and weaknesses in order to provide the best possible education. They also help in determining the grades children receive each semester on their progress reports. The following are part of PA Virtual’s assessment program:
- Lesson assessments to determine mastery of objectives.
- The PSSA is a standardized test that measures a student’s proficiency in Reading, Writing, Mathematics and Science. It also assists schools in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of their academic programs. In accordance with ACT 22, the Pennsylvania Charter School Law, all of our students are required to take the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) in the areas of Math, English Language Arts and Science at the grade levels prescribed, by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Students are required to take the Keystone Exams upon course completion in Algebra, Literature, and Biology by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We must reach the School Performance Profile standards as set by the state.
- PA Virtual must meet all state standards for School Performance Profile in relation to teacher certification and student achievement. In addition, as a charter school we provide annual reports to the state, and must have our charter renewed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education every five years.
- Literacy Screenings using Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) are administered twice a year to students in Kindergarten through grade 2.
To learn more about enrollment in PA Virtual and our placement assessments, contact us today.